Webinar – Integrating BIM and FM: Status, Case Study and Opportunities
Wednesday, July 3rd, 2019
BIM has already had a signiﬁcant impact on the A/E/C industries. The use of BIM related to the operational aspect of buildings, however, is still in its infancy.
This webinar consists of three components: major issues associated with BIM and FM, a case study presentation of a successful design-construction-FM collaboration, and a Q+A session between presenters and attendees.
When: July 16th, 2019 @ 1:00-2:00 pm CDT
Part 1: Issues with BIM and FM
- Traditional approach to BIM information turnover to FM by the contractor
- Recent enhancements of traditional approach using COBie to transfer data from BIM to FM systems
- What does FM really need for improved building performance, and why traditional BIM models and COBie generally do not meet FM needs
- How can this information be identiﬁed and generated during the design and construction process
- How can this information be integrated with systems used by FM to manage building performance and use
- How can this information be kept current and accurate over the life of a building
Part 2: Case Study of a Successful Design-Construction-FM Collaboration
- Description of UCSF Medical Center and the role of design and construction collaboration
- How BIM-FM was integrated on the UCSF Medical Center; What was done, how was it speciﬁed in contract, what tools and people were used
- Examples of how improved BIM-FM integration and use of visualization software to support better building performance and sustainability
- BIM/FM usage for existing buildings?
Part 3: Q+A session between presenters and attendees
Presenters: Paul Teicholz and Bruce Mace