The Facility Manager’s Guide to Information Technology, 2nd Edition
Saturday, February 18th, 2017
After a multi-year collaboration between the IT Community (formerly IT Council) of IFMA and the CAFM work group of GEFMA we are pleased to announce that the second edition is now available.
The two editors, Geoff Williams and Michael May have succeeded, with the support of an international team of over 20 respected authors, to create a comprehensive subject and textbook and resource guide for the FM Profession
“I am very proud of the effort and dedication of all the authors contributing to this important work, it is truly a best practice resource guide.” said Ted Ritter, current President and SAG leader of the IT Community of IFMA.
With the second edition, the latest IT trends that impact the Facility Management profession are fully explored.
- The Relationship Between FM and IT
- Technologies and Their Impact on FM
- IT Basics for Facility Managers
- CAFM Systems
- Mobile Technologies and IT Interfaces
- IT Security for Facility Managers
- Internet of Things
- Data-Driven Facility Management
- Building Information Modeling
- IT-Based Strategic Space Optimization in FM
- Data Transfer and Data Exchange for CAFM
- FM Application Fields
- Facility Management and CAFM
- Economic Benefits of a CAFM Implementation
- FM Business Processes and Their IT Implementation
- Selection of CAFM software
- Implementation Strategies for CAFM
- Information System Strategies in FM
- CAFM Trends
- CAFM / BIM Case Studies
The appendix includes seven international case studies (such as Nokia, Denver Int’l Airport) and a checklist for the successful implementation of FM Technology. With this publication, internationally-active facility managers, CAFM developers, users, consultants are given a practice-oriented guideline. International FM students can now have a systematic textbook on FM and IT.
The book was pre-released at the Third Annual Technology Symposium, a collaborative effort between IFMA Dallas and CORENET North Texas hosted at the Ericcson Facility in Plano Texas on January 26th of 2017
The book will be available for Author Signings for the first time at the INservFM in Frankfurt, Germany on February 21, 2017 and at the IFMA Facility Fusion event on April 6, 2017 in Las Vegas, Nevada.
For discounted educational bulk purchases please contact Geoff Williams